linuxizing a Toshiba Toughbook CF-M34 mark 7, some help needed

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 2 03:47:20 UTC 2008

David J Patrick wrote:
> We just got a Panasonic Toughbook with a touchscreen.
> I'm grooming is as our next POS system
> it's a CF-M34mk7  model# CF-M34CGFFKM, Pentium M 1.0GHz ULV (Centrino)

I don't have experience myself, but I find that the Linux-on-Laptops
site has plenty of collected experience. The one page it includes about
the Toughbook, http://users.libero.it/hpstr/cfm34-linux.html , indicates
you may be in for some ... fun. Once you can get it to boot Linux, it
seems that most things except for the audio should be OK. And since it
was written in 2003, even the audio may be workable by now.
(info for that is available at
http://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-nm256 )

There's another page available if your Italian is usable:
http://www.slacky.eu/wikislack/index.php?title=Panasonic_Toughbook_CF-M34

HTH.

- Evan