how to modify /etc/fstab ?

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 21 16:19:31 UTC 2008

The story is longer, but I will try to keep it short.

I bought a very nice computer for just $ 160. Of course with Windows
installed there. And when sweatching between the old one and new one,
the old one stopped working. Seems that a problem with video
connection, though I am not sure :(

Let me at least have the new one working.

I took out hard drive (there were two) from the old one and put it in
the new one.

Good. At least it attempts to boot up. It brings me to read-only mode
beacuse it can not mount another hard drive that is listed in
/etc/fstab and does not exist on new computer (there is just one slot
for HD connection on new computer)

I can not modify /etc/fstab and disable booting another harddrive that
was in older computer, because it is in read-only mode.

I did the thing in the past. I guess I used CD for rebooting in single
user mode. But I have no CD now, I have DVD only. The computer has CD
only.

Any parameters to be entered during reboot?

But the screen goes so fast when booting. I do not really know how to
enter any kernel parameters.

This is Centos 5.

zb.