Permissions for hal mounted drives

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 3 15:35:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

Redelmeier, I was using Fedora 5. I also noticed another system
running centos 5 mounted the drives just like Fedora 5. This seem to
have changed in Fedora 9 as the directory property you highlighted is
what I am looking for.

Madi, thanks for the pointers. I am going to google a bit and see what
take over from HAL after drive insertion. I am however looking for the
opposite characteristics to what you described. The system is a
desktop, so users should be allowed access to portable drives - more
like in Windows.

Regards,
William