Apache on chroot

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 22 07:41:43 UTC 2008

Hi pals,

I am attempting to set up apache on chroot. Ideally, I would love to
use rpm binary, instead of compiling it from source - maintainability
being important. The problem is, it require way to many other
binaries. For example, see below:-

/bin/mv is needed by httpd-2.2.3-11.el5.centos.x86_64
/bin/rm is needed by httpd-2.2.3-11.el5.centos.x86_64
/bin/sh is needed by httpd-2.2.3-11.el5.centos.x86_64
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit) is needed by httpd-2.2.3-11.el5.centos.x86_64

Now, I would rather not have like the above binaries. Not only because
it beat the purpose of chroot, but it will force me to solve way too
may dependency hells. Does anyone know of a better way to accomplish
this task? I would appreciate any suggestion or a pointer.

I found the last dependency really annoying. Its also appear when I
compile from source. What flag can I use on apache configure script to
avoid the last command?

Regards,
William