Debian Sid and Grub

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 17 15:28:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 03:09:21PM -0500, Merv Curley wrote:
> I installed the grub-doc pkg for ver .97 this AM and perhaps you could check
> it and see if you interpret it the way I did.  Maybe I'll do a temp LVM setup
> using the whole disk and see if it seems to work. I'd ruther trust you
> tho,  ;-)

Well I found a web page that explicitly said that LVM support was added
to Grub in version 1.95 which is the development for GRUB2.  0.97 is
certainly not 1.95.

A small /boot is no big deal though (200MB is what I tend to suggest),
and everything you actually really use will be on LVM.

--
Len Sorensen