D'oh!

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 11 14:18:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 07:23:47PM -0500, Dave Germiquet wrote:
> Well, in my local area networks I like to set up my DHCP server to set
> static ip addresses by using mac addresses on the router. However you
> can assign
> static ip addresses however at the moment I do not have a ubuntu box
> do it.. isn't there a /etc/sysconfig file you can modify.

No /etc/sysconfig is a redhat'ism.  There should bet
/etc/network/interfaces, although quite how networkmanager gets along
with that I have no idea since I have never used the network manager
myself.

> Do you have SSH running on your system could that be why SCP isn't working?
> Can you SSH into your other systems?

Yeah ssh-server would certainly be important to have installed.  Of
course some systems also default to not permit root ssh connections,
only regular users.

--
Len Sorensen