D'oh!

chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 11 23:11:57 UTC 2008

Lennart Sorensen writes:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 07:23:47PM -0500, Dave Germiquet wrote:
>> Well, in my local area networks I like to set up my DHCP server to set
>> static ip addresses by using mac addresses on the router. However you
>> can assign
>> static ip addresses however at the moment I do not have a ubuntu box
>> do it.. isn't there a /etc/sysconfig file you can modify.
>
> No /etc/sysconfig is a redhat'ism.  There should bet
> /etc/network/interfaces, although quite how networkmanager gets along
> with that I have no idea since I have never used the network manager
> myself.
>
>> Do you have SSH running on your system could that be why SCP isn't working?
>> Can you SSH into your other systems?
>
> Yeah ssh-server would certainly be important to have installed.  Of
> course some systems also default to not permit root ssh connections,
> only regular users.

devon at devon:~$ sudo apt-get install ssh-server
[sudo] password for devon:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package ssh-server is a virtual package provided by:
 openssh-server 1:4.6p1-5ubuntu0.1
 lsh-server 2.0.2-1.1
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package ssh-server has no installation candidate
devon at devon:~$ sudo apt-get install openssh-server 1:4.6p1-5ubuntu0.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package 1:4.6p1-5ubuntu0.1
devon at devon:~$ sudo apt-get install lsh-server 2.0.2-1.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package 2.0.2-1.1
devon at devon:~$

Hmmm, I don't remember taking any crazy pills...

Chris