Poll; Tape drives

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 28 04:01:22 UTC 2008

On 28/02/2008, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> > Quick, informal and terribly unscientific poll...
>  >
>  >  1. Do you still uses tape drives?

Yeap, the HP DTLs. They are a pain though and all my colleagues agree
they are not the best option any more. I think there is a big group of
people who still use them for legacy reasons.
>  >  2. If you were looking at a new backup system, would you want to use
>  >  tape drives?
If that decision was left entirely to me, I wouldn't touch them at
all. Most large firms are however still run by management who like to
retain the "conventional way".

Regards,
William