Debian unstable upgrade

asdf fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 20 03:48:47 UTC 2008

--- Merv Curley <mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Well I have 2 computers upgraded to 'unstable' here, one done several months
> ago and my wifes' 2 weeks ago.  All starting from the same Etch CD.  I
> haven't done an upgrade, just dist-upgrade for the last few years,  moving to
> testing, sid or unstable.
>
> I just dl'd the testing CD, I'll install that and see if I can dist-upgrade to
> unstable from there.  Thanks for the message and history.

Could also be that "unstable" is currently broken at the moment, I've had that
happen to me in the past often enough - guess that's why it's called "unstable"! :)

Try waiting a few hours or until tomorrow to try again - usually unstable is never
left broken for too long unless you happen to catch it in the middle of a major
upgrade (glibc, gcc, etc.).

Regards,

Salman Ahmed