Debian unstable upgrade

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 20 00:58:18 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 15:38, Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2008 9:32 AM, Merv Curley <mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > At one time I used some apt-get option to carry on an upgrade I believe,
> > but it isn't in my memory bank or notes.
>
> You can twiddle bits on and off in /var/lib/dpkg/info to get further...

Finally I got a message suggesting the use of apt-get -f install  to continue.
That got me a bit further along, now I have a problem with the glibc in Etch
not having a script so it can be upgraded.  Complicated error messages,  its'
become a mess.

> I *never* use 'upgrade'.  Always use 'dist-upgrade'.

Well I have 2 computers upgraded to 'unstable' here, one done several months
ago and my wifes' 2 weeks ago.  All starting from the same Etch CD.  I
haven't done an upgrade, just dist-upgrade for the last few years,  moving to
testing, sid or unstable.

I just dl'd the testing CD, I'll install that and see if I can dist-upgrade to
unstable from there.  Thanks for the message and history.

regards

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can