outline mode in OO?

David J Patrick djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 13 22:24:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 11:30:45AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   since someone was making an observation about spell checking in OO,
> does anyone know if the OO folks have any plans for having a word-like
> outline mode for OO?  i've been whining about that for a while now:
OO can outline, just not like Word. To outline in OO, use heading formats,
and then manipulate the Navigator. I was a big fan of the (almost unknown)
outline view in MS Werd, but have since discovered vimoutliner; a
blindingly fast outlining add-on for vim. vimoutliner(.org) can also be
exported to html and stuff.

for mindblowing mind-mapping, try freemind. (some JRE required, preferably from Sun)
djp