Wireless nightmare - ipw2200

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 12 14:36:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 05:56:46AM +0300, Kihara Muriithi wrote:
> [root at kerberos kihara]# dmesg | grep eth0
> eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x45E1
> eth0: no IPv6 routers present
> eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x45E1
> eth0: no IPv6 routers present
>
>  I agree, the dmesg output for eth1 don't make sense. I have run that
> command again and generated the same result, and yes, thats my eth0.
> Now, where could that interference be coming from?

Perhaps eth0 is the wireless when loaded and eth1 is the realtek, but
udev then renames them to the opposite.  Check the file
/etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules

After all the stuff above for eth0 is NOT eth0 being detected, but
rather eth0 getting link (which would likely be after the driver was
loaded and renamed).

--
Len Sorensen