help

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 3 01:52:33 UTC 2008

Chris Aitken wrote:
> David J Patrick wrote:

<snip>
>>  then run "sudo apt-get update"
I guess doing all these apt-get updates with malformed lines in
/etc/apt/sources.list has screwed up a bunch of stuff in my system. Now
my terminal won't come up. I'm getting 'Could not launch application.
Failed to execute child process "gnome-terminal" (no such file or
directory)'. My entire 'Sound & Video' (or whatever it's called) menu is
gone from the 'Applications' menu!! I think this is where you guys get
scarce again.

Chris

<snip>