RAID and Linux

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 1 19:15:12 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 02:02:24PM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> My work computer is a Dell Inspiron notebook.  What a piece of...  As
> for service, I had to return my ThinkPad, for repair under warranty.
> IBM sent a shipping box via courier and I sent it in via courier and had
> it back in a very few days.  If I'd paid for better service, I'd have
> had it back much earlier.  There's a big difference between IBM and
> Dell, in both product quality and service.

Sounds reasonable to me.

My wife's Asus Tablet is having battery life problems, so it is going in
for service.  Asus says they will send fedex to pick it up, and it
should be back in under a week.  I think I will skip the fedex pickup
and just drop it off on the way to work since the address to send it to
is 4km north of my house in markham.  They can send it back by fedex if
they want.  My wife just has to backup her latest data and all that this
weekend before dropping it of.  Sounds like decent service to me so far.

--
Len Sorensen