Wireless Office

Fernando Duran liberosec-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 30 15:27:37 UTC 2008

--- Zbigniew Koziol <softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I do not trust all these encryption methods.
>
> If transmission can be intercepted - no way that it
> is secure anymore.

That's incorrect; precisely the beauty of asymmetric
(public-key) cryptography is that users can
communicate securely over a public channel.

Several cryptographic methods have been proven to be
mathematically secure. A different issue of course are
problems in particular implementations or
configurations, the human factor etc that may make a
scheme vulnerable.

Cheers,

Fernando

Fernando Duran