Accessing Toronto Public Library's Website with Linux

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 21 02:39:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 18:18 -0500, Giles Orr wrote:
> Hi Merv.
>
> As it turns out, what I did to fix it on my machine and what I said on
> the website are different.  And what's on the website is wrong.  This
> is because I read http://lwn.net/Articles/92727/ while writing the
> note.  I was at work when I did it, not at home (where my Linux box
> is).  Use this:
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling
>
> It's not creating the file, it's changing the value in the file.
>
> Similarily, the addition to /etc/sysctl.conf should be:
>
> net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0
>
> My sincerest apologies!  I'll fix it when I get to work Tuesday, or if
> I can manage, get a coworker to do it Monday.

just two quick things:

- i have to take some of the blame for this -- Giles passed this text to
me to check it, and i failed to pick up the error, so sorry.
- more importantly, THANKS to the TPL for responding so quickly to this
concern, and posting the fix in a public way, and quite promptly, on
their website.  Honestly, I can't remember the last time any public
entity responded to a linux-specific issue when I raised it.  Usually
i'm just told to run windows...  so yeah, thanks.

matt

--
Matt Price
matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org