Accessing Toronto Public Library's Website with Linux

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 19 23:18:08 UTC 2008

Hi Merv.

As it turns out, what I did to fix it on my machine and what I said on
the website are different.  And what's on the website is wrong.  This
is because I read http://lwn.net/Articles/92727/ while writing the
note.  I was at work when I did it, not at home (where my Linux box
is).  Use this:

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling

It's not creating the file, it's changing the value in the file.

Similarily, the addition to /etc/sysctl.conf should be:

net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0

My sincerest apologies!  I'll fix it when I get to work Tuesday, or if
I can manage, get a coworker to do it Monday.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org