New project, "Code to Code"

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 16 21:58:55 UTC 2008

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I actually think trying to work in one language with a point of view of
> another is simply going about things the wrong way.
>
> What you should be doing is make a list of small sample problems along
> with sample solutions for that problem in different languages.  This way
> you can get good examples of how to use each language well, rather than
> examples of how to ram language A's style into language B.

Scott mentioned Rosetta Code, which seems to be exactly what you are
describing.

I don't expect CtC to be itself enough to learn a language, but more of
a stepping stone to help people "think" the way a new language requires
using points of reference the person already understands.

It's meant to be a project that fills a niche.

Madi