New project, "Code to Code"

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 16 18:06:05 UTC 2008

Hi all,

   Last year I was asked to put together a sample program that did a few
things in Perl, Python, Ruby and Bash.

   Being a perl coder mainly, I went looking for resources specifically
aimed at showing someone like me how to do X in language foo, using
language bar as a frame of reference.

   I never found such a page, and a year later this still nags at me...

SO!

   I decided to start a little project to see if it might go anywhere.
It's simple, just a(nother) wiki. I've called it 'Code to Code'. It's
hosted on an unused domain of mine. Should this get past go, I'll
register a proper domain. In the meantime:

http://madisonave.ca

   I was wondering what it would take to interest folks here who are
comfortable in two languages help get the ball rolling?

   Normally I would not ask for help until I've already got a fair bit
done, but in this case I only really know one language, so I can't do
much more than I already have. I am certainly happy to play
pseudo-editor and example code tester though!

   If you like two (or more) languages and have an itch to help people
familiar with one learn the other(s), please drop by!

Thanks, as always!

Madi

PS - Generic feedback on the greatness/ridiculousness of this project
are more than welcome. :)