[OT} Freeze At POST

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 2 13:35:15 UTC 2008

On 12/2/08, Stephen <stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> So my main machine (running XP) needed a reboot after an upgrade.

So, what you're saying is you OS is seriously defective :-) .

> The boot is stuck at the BIOS screen where it says:
>
> Press <Tab> to switch to POST or <Del> to run BIOS Setup
>
> Tried all the power off and on sequences.
>
> I get no response from keyboard.
>
> Any suggestions?

Start with the simple, double & triple check connections (did the
keyboard connector come loose?). If that isn't it, can you switch
keyboards and see if another keyboard works okay?

> (This is my upgrade excuse, I think)

A change to an OS, even one as bad as one of Microsoft's should not
explain the errors you note above. More likely we are talking a
keyboard issue of some sort.

> Thanks!
> Stephen

Colin.