debugging javascript

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 31 13:45:54 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 17:28 +0400, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> Firebug is just unreplacable debugger of JavaScript. Unfortunately, it
> does not run (yet) under version 3 of firefox, just only under version
> 2. It is worth however an efford and mess caused by installing an
> additional older version of firefox. You will love it.

I am using firebug on Version 3 of firefox -- it seems as though they
have it for v3, now. I entered a call to one of my script functions, and
it is reporting that the error is occurring on line 414, which is
impressive for an HTML file that has only 150 or so lines. :-)

Otherwise, I agree that Firebug seems to amount to something. I have
been able to iron out a number of bugs with it. It's just that
Mozilla.org seems to recommend ddd (which I also have). Ddd is also
giving me bizarre line numbers, so neither one is helpful at this point.