piano-tuning software

Mr Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 27 23:15:50 UTC 2008

Alex Beamish wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Mr Chris Aitken <chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> My wife and I are expanding our guitar lessons business to include piano
>> tuning. She will be getting a Peterson Strobe tuning machine. I, however,
>> will get a laptop with CyberTuner software. Before I get a Mac notebook to
>> run the software I thought I would at least /look/ at linux. What inspired
>> me to look at linux was that I saw an ASUS notebook at Krazy Krazy that
>> comes loaded with ASUS linux. Of course it comes with a Windows CD as well
>> (I guess to bail if you don't like linux). Does anyone know of piano-tuning
>> software that works (for sure) in linux?
>>

> For sure? No.
>
> However, a minute with Google produces ..
>
>   http://piano-tuner.sourceforge.net/

Okay, 'm trying to install this. What Am I doing wrong?

chris at cpc:/tmp$ tar -zxvf piano-1.1.tar.gz
piano-1.1/
piano-1.1/README
piano-1.1/piano.h
piano-1.1/term.h
piano-1.1/filter.h
piano-1.1/filter-i386.h
piano-1.1/AUTHORS
piano-1.1/COPYING
piano-1.1/ChangeLog
piano-1.1/INSTALL
piano-1.1/Makefile.am
piano-1.1/Makefile.in
piano-1.1/NEWS
piano-1.1/TODO
piano-1.1/aclocal.m4
piano-1.1/config.guess
piano-1.1/config.h.in
piano-1.1/config.sub
piano-1.1/configure
piano-1.1/configure.in
piano-1.1/depcomp
piano-1.1/install-sh
piano-1.1/missing
piano-1.1/mkinstalldirs
piano-1.1/mkcostab.c
piano-1.1/mktonetab.c
piano-1.1/main.c
piano-1.1/costabf.c
piano-1.1/term.c
piano-1.1/demod_fine.c
piano-1.1/demod_piano.c
piano-1.1/tonetab.c
piano-1.1/refreq.c
piano-1.1/piano.1
piano-1.1/piano.spec
piano-1.1/htmlup
piano-1.1/index.html
chris at cpc:/tmp$ cd piano-1.1
chris at cpc:/tmp/piano-1.1$ ./configure
/tmp/piano-1.1/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/tmp/piano-1.1/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gawk... (cached) mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
chris at cpc:/tmp/piano-1.1$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
chris at cpc:/tmp/piano-1.1$ ls a-
ls: cannot access a-: No such file or directory
chris at cpc:/tmp/piano-1.1$ ls -a
.           config.guess  configure.in   depcomp        INSTALL
missing        piano.1     term.c
..          config.h.in   COPYING        filter.h       install-sh
mkcostab.c     piano.h     term.h
aclocal.m4  config.log    costabf.c      filter-i386.h  main.c
mkinstalldirs  piano.spec  TODO
AUTHORS     config.sub    demod_fine.c   htmlup         Makefile.am
mktonetab.c    README      tonetab.c
ChangeLog   configure     demod_piano.c  index.html     Makefile.in
NEWS           refreq.c
chris at cpc:/tmp/piano-1.1$ vi README
chris at cpc:/tmp/piano-1.1$ INSTALL
bash: INSTALL: command not found
chris at cpc:/tmp/piano-1.1$ sudo make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
chris at cpc:/tmp/piano-1.1$ sudo make install
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
chris at cpc:/tmp/piano-1.1$