Fwd: Please Stand Against the New Copyright Bill

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 26 15:25:46 UTC 2008

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I made a few of these points in a letter to the editor of the Globe
> and Mail, but when they published it yesterday, most of that was
> edited out.

Until the new management at BCE takes over (and probably even after), it
and its subsidiaries CTV, Sympatico, and the Globe and Mail should be
considered to be major stakeholders in getting this travesty of a law
passed. I think that you should send the same letter (along with an
explanation of what was edited out and by whom) to the Toronto Star, the
National Post, McLeans and any other national media outlets that you
think appropriate.

John