Who is going to Linux in the Park?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 19 22:08:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Just wanted to know who else is going to Linux in the Park this coming
> Sunday? A summary of the event can be seen here:
>
> http://www.cluecan.ca/node/737
>
> I don't want to get there and find I am alone :-) .

We should probably bug Mr Patrick and see if there's anything that he
thinks would be sensible to bring...

I understand that there's a community street party the previous day,
which frequently has decent leftovers (and some leftover
"infrastructure"); I'm not sure what more ought to be considered:

a) Beer's NOT welcome, as Bickford Park is a public place, and laws
are incongruent with that being permissible;

b) Having a BBQ is possibly-dodgy, unless Mr. Patrick has something
figured out to that end;

c) On occasion, people have been known to bring large quantities of
samosas, which have always been a big hit!  I'd certainly be game to
chip in $20 to help make that happen :-).  (Actually, if anything
quasi-organized is happening in that regard, let me know and I'll try
to locate some of the mint dipping sauce that's so good with them!);

d) Soft drinks might be already available (in "leftover" form!) which
is worth asking David about.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results."  -- assortedly attributed to Albert
Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Rita Mae Brown, and Rudyard Kipling