GRUB boot loader / Debian Lenny / GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 11 15:38:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Did you install GRUB to /dev/hda1 (bootable partition) or /dev/hda (MBR)?

Nope -- it's installed on hdc because of how I've set my drives up
(see original message), but I figured GRUB would be able to try hda
and move on to hdc, then hdb and finally hdd. Does GRUB demand that it
boot from hda? I guess I can move the ribbon cables around if
necessary, but that seems a little inflexible to me.

> It's been awhile since I've had this message myself, but I believe
> that I once encountered it when I had GRUB on both the boot-partition
> and the MBR.
>
> Can you manage to get into the GRUB console by pushing "E" or "ESC"?

Mmmm .. interesting. I'll definitely try that when I get home. Thanks
for the suggestions!

Alex

--
Alex Beamish