PS3 Ubuntu 8.04 Boot Freezes after Upgrade

Stephen stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 11 15:24:37 UTC 2008

So I installed 7.04 on my PS3 and got over the documented problems.

When I was all set, I used update manger and it took me through an
upgrade to 8.04.

All seemed to go well, but the reboot did not finish.

I did a cold boot and got kboot.

The kernel loaded with success. Then I get

Booting system ....

and it hangs here.

I did a cold boot and went into sh.

I tried

sudo apt-get update

and received this error:

sudo: error while loading shared libraries: libpam.so.0: cannot open
shared file object file: No such file or directory.

I am unsure what to try next.

Suggestions appreciated!

Stephen