Google: Incorrect language settings

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 23 13:51:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 05:59:43PM -0400, Jamon Camisso wrote:
> Had an interesting problem crop up with Google recently, seems they're
> not totally on the ball when it comes to non-US networks and their
> language redirection. Specifically, I've seen Teksavvy IP addresses in
> the 69.196.138.0/24 range constantly being sent to google.es with all
> results in Spanish.
>
> Hoping it doesn't take up to the month they say it might. Anyone else
> seen this?

Well normally if I type google.ca then I get google.ca.  If I type
google.com I get google.com.  I have never seen google redirect to
another domain that the one I typed.

When are you seeing this happen?

Maybe Bell is having fun because they think TekSavvy is making them look
bad over that throttling thing. :)

--
Len Sorensen