Buzzword Bingo Ultimate Edition!

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 22 11:47:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 6:14 PM,  <phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>  > Can anyone here identify the product (or even market niche of the
>  > product!) without googling the text below?  I knew what it was for and
>  > was completely dumbfounded by the verbiage:

I was fumbling for words when I first wrote this.  I couldn't think of
the right one at the time, so I said "dumbfounded."  The word I was
looking for was "gobsmacked."

>  A modern version of the TurboEncabulator!
>  http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ids/dotdot/misc/jokes/turboencabulator.txt

My father had (has?) a 1970s Alfa Romeo car manual that includes
reference to a "ideogram illumination intensity adjustment
potentiometer."  This is actually entirely accurate, it's just not a
good choice of translation: they're talking about the dashboard light
dimmer.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/