SPAMMERS DIE

Asaf Maruf asafmaruf-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 21 21:13:33 UTC 2008

I used http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ a few years back. Once you have
trained this application, it is able to detect spam at a consistent 90% and
up of mail flowing into the inbox. Over time, the spam detection reaches
98%+.

It is open-source.

Asaf

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Lennart Sorensen <
lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 02:13:27PM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
> > Sorry, this is just line noise. I just needed to vent.
> >
> > So much of my time as an admit goes to waste cleaning up the mess these
> > damn spammers make... My mail server, my wiki and, of course, my inbox.
> > If I was a deity, I'd make every last spammer wake up in a garbage dump
> > every morning for the rest of their life.
>
> I don't have a wiki to worry about.
>
> As for email, 99% of my spam ends up in the spam folder.  Gmail's filter
> works, and on my main account bogofilter is doing a wonderful job
> (although I think the mailserver has a greylisting system as well which
> seems to have seriously reduced the quantity of spam that even needs
> filtering).
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much
more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be
wrong." - Richard P. Feynman