screen resolution not saving

Mr Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 21 15:16:38 UTC 2008

I have to change my screen resolution every time I boot my ubuntu 7.10
computer.

I get a message:

! User's $HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored. This prevents default
session and language from being saved. File should be owned by user and
have 644 permissions. User's $HOME directory must be owned by user and
not writable by other users.

So, I did the following:

I ran...

chris at bpc:~$ sudo chown chris /home/chris/.dmrc

then I ran...

chris at bpc:~$ chmod 644 /home/chris/.dmrc

then I ran...

chris at bpc:~$ sudo chown chris /home/chris

I'm still having the same problem.

Any next steps I can try?

Chris