VPN *almost* works

Phillip Mills phillip.mills1-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 13 12:10:11 UTC 2008

On Apr 13, 2008, at 12:55 AM, Srinivasan Krishnan wrote:

> It appears that your VPNC client is setting a MTU that the Cisco does
> not like.  Try this as root:
>
> /sbin/ifconfig tun<x> mtu 1000

That definitely looks like the answer.  Trying it at 1000 lets me do
things that were failing before.  I think the default was
1412...something not 1492 or 1500 at any rate.  :-)  I'm not sure why
others haven't had the same problem connecting to this server, but I
won't worry too much about that.

Thanks for your help.  I'm sure it wouldn't be working without you!