[Bulk] Re:Michael Geist - Bell Secretly Throttling Wholesale Internet Services? - UPDATED

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 8 16:58:09 UTC 2008

To add to the whole fun about how much Bell sucks.

I buy my internet from Teksavvy. Unfortunately, as they're DSL, my
"last-mile" comes through Bell. That means that any issues regarding
the copper connection between my house (condo) and the CO are all in
Bell's hands.

So, recently I called them in regards to the fact that when my
Dry-Loop connection was installed (by Bell), it broke the intercom
used for people to call into my unit (and request that I unlock the
door, etc). I have now been on and off of hold for about 2-3 hours,
and I think I've spoken at least once or twice to a person from every
department in Bell. The sympatico guys insist that it's a line issue.
The line guys say that it's a sympatico issue. Several departments
have told me that I need to pay for a phone installation to have it
work (despite the fact that others with no phone have a perfectly
functional buzzer).

I would *really* love to see Bell taken to task in regards to the
crappy service they provide. I'm sure this isn't a new issue, as
pretty much *everyone* on DSL uses their lines. Anyone else had this
experience?

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Yanni Chiu <yanni-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Here's that Bell spokesperson discrediting himself:
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20247550-Jason-Laszlo-Bell-spokesmans-real-thoughts-on-this-issue
>
>  He has recently updated his Facebook privacy settings so his "true face" is
> no longer so public.
>

>  JoeHill wrote:
>
> > James Knott wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/2782/125//
> > >

> > This is getting real big real fast:
> >
> > http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2008/03/28/tech-netneutrality.html
> >

>  --
>
>  The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
>  TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support
LPIC/LPIC-2
(647) 302-0942