Of Linus, KDE, and mouse buttons

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 1 05:23:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 01:13:35PM -0400, Gary Walsh wrote

> To tell you the truth, I probably use Midnight Commander for more
> file management operations than any other file manager.

  Me too... and mostly in a real text console.  Of course, it does help
if one can set 34 or 40 rows in real textmode.  And as for the GNOME/KDE
bunfight...

  The Pox on Both Your Houses

  I don't run "desktops"; I run applications... you know... those pieces
of software that actually do useful stuff.  A desktop often gets in the
way.  With a 1920x1200 monitor and Blackbox, I'm perfectly happy.  And I
don't bother with multiple desktops either.  Nothing more annoying than
moving the mouse cursor out of the way... and KABOOM... all my
applications disappear off the screen.

  Having said that, I tend to prefer the GNOME ***APPLICATIONS*** (Gimp,
Gnumeric, Abiword) over the OpenOffice monstrosity, or KDEOffice.

Stop the Squeegee Kids in Pinstripe Suits
Fight SAC's Canadian internet tax http://walterdnes.wordpress.com