Learning to Program

Henry de Valence hdevalence-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 30 00:05:07 UTC 2007

Hi. I'm 15, and I started using Linux last February, and haven't looked back.
I started with Ubuntu, but then I switched to Kubuntu. Right now I'm running
Gutsy Gibbon, because Fiesty doesn't support my video card. Anyways, I know a
bit about Java and C++ (I have the basic stuff about datatypes, control
structures, functions and recursion, etc, and some OOP stuff.) What I know I
learned partly by myself and partly in a summer course I took (the Grade 11
CS course, but according to my teacher we went beyond what we were supposed
to).

Anyways, I'm looking for a good, comprehensive guide to learning about
programming GUI applications for KDE using QT, and I figured this would be a
good place to ask. Ideally, I'd like something that I can do a bit at a time,
because I have homework and other stuff. The other thing is that I'd like to
learn programming for KDE 4 applications, but right now I'm running 7.10,
which uses KDE 3.5. I thought this would be a good place to ask for
suggestions.

Harry de Valence