starcraft

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 28 20:15:10 UTC 2007

Ian Petersen wrote:
> On 9/28/07, Chris Aitken <chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> The directory of kernel headers (version 2.6.22.7-85.fc7) does not match
>> your
>> running kernel (version 2.6.22.5-76.fc7).  Even if the module were to
>> compile
>> successfully, it would not load into the running kernel.
>>
>> So the kernel module doesn't match the running kernel?
>>

> Nope.  You're running kernel version 2.6.22.5-76-fc7, but the sources
> that you installed are for version 2.6.22.5-85.fc7.  (ie. you're
> running ...76... but you've got the source to ...85....)
>
> There's two options, as I see it:
>
>  1) update your kernel to 2.6.22.5-85-fc7
>  2) downgrade the kernel-devel package to 2.6.22.5-76-fc7

I tried that - it didn't work - and I don't see any option in yum like
replace (or somesuch) so that it will replace existing version (whether
upgrade or downgrade)...

[root at p733 chris]# yum install kernel-devel-2.6.22.5-76.fc7
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Nothing to do
[root at p733 chris]# yum --help
Usage: yum [options] < grouplist, localinstall, groupinfo, localupdate,
resolvedep, erase, deplist, groupremove, makecache, upgrade, provides,
shell, install, whatprovides, groupinstall, update, repolist,
groupupdate, info, search, check-update, list, remove, clean, grouperase >

  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -t, --tolerant        be tolerant of errors
  -C                    run entirely from cache, don't update cache
  -c  [config file]     config file location
  -R  [minutes]         maximum command wait time
  -d  [debug level]     debugging output level
  -e  [error level]     error output level
  -q, --quiet           quiet operation
  -v, --verbose         verbose operation
  -y                    answer yes for all questions
  --version             show Yum version and exit
  --installroot=[path]  set install root
  --enablerepo=[repo]   enable one or more repositories (wildcards allowed)
  --disablerepo=[repo]  disable one or more repositories (wildcards allowed)
  -x [package], --exclude=[package]
                        exclude package(s) by name or glob
  --obsoletes           enable obsoletes processing during updates
  --noplugins           disable Yum plugins
  --nogpgcheck          disable gpg signature checking
  --disableplugin=[plugin]
                        disable plugins by name
[root at p733 chris]#

<snip>