Problems with sound

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 27 00:31:54 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 05:10:43AM +0000, Tyler Aviss wrote
> Do you see your soundcard at all when you run "alsaconf"? Maybe you've
> actually got an OSS driver loading and not the appropriate ALSA PCI
> one (what's the result of "lspci" and "lsmod").

  I built the kernel with ALSA and without OSS.  lsmod only-shows
ehci-hcd.  The card support is built into the kernel.  alsaconf can't
find it.  If I build the card support (Intel8x0/NvidiaCK807) as a
module, alsaconf "finds it", goes through the motions of setting it up,
but I get the same error when trying to use alsa.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?