How to delete a non existant file?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 25 23:32:49 UTC 2007

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Do they charge extra if you have a redundant power supply in your
> server?

A good question.  The times I've done this it was part of a larger
installation - someone in another department was paying the bill.  If I
ever saw the bill I didn't care much :)

> I haven't dealt much with colocation, but the one I dealt with only
> charged for 1/4, 1/2 or full rack space wise, and the number of machines
> you put in there didn't matter.  Also charged for the number of IPs you

That's how larger blocks are sold.  A lot of corporations then resell the
space per rack unit as most small companies really only want 1 or 2U.
Quite a cottage industry has sprung up of people running a data centre
reseller service while they maintain a fulltime job.  It is quite a good
fit as they can meet their clients after hours at the DC to provide
access.

TCCP (http://www.tccp.ca) charges per RU with an additional flat fee for
bandwidth (bursting costs more).

> wanted, but how you allocated them didn't matter to them.  And of course
> for bandwidth for the whole set of systems, for which the console server
> would be irrelevant.  If they start charging by the power outlet and
> network cable then I think it is time to find a different provider that
> doesn't nickle and dime you to death.

It all depends on the volume and whether you need to use a reseller.

Cheers,

Rob

--
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine..."
 	-- RFC 1925 "The Twelve Networking Truths"