How to delete a non existant file?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 24 17:10:17 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> You don't need a @#$@#$ knoppix disc if the machine is working fine.

Lennart, I said it was an option.  I didn't suggest it was the only
option.  The use of a Knoppix cdrom means _I_ see the errors rather than
expecting someone to read them over the phone.  Most people don't
understand what they are reading and so can't convey the info easily
(having them just read words or characters off the screen is not
sufficient, trust me).  In some data centres the staff are specifically
not supposed to help in this way.

In addition if things go really bad I can do everything I need to do over
ssh.  Talking someone through complicated shell commands is about 100
times harder than the approach I'm suggesting.

Rob

--
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine..."
 	-- RFC 1925 "The Twelve Networking Truths"