Geek woman news story of possible interest...

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 24 14:03:20 UTC 2007

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 03:15:32PM -0400, Matt Middleton wrote:
> In this day and age, especially with the paranoia about people trying
> to do horrible things with airplanes, it unfortunately forces us to
> conform.  If you choose not to, fine, but you must be prepared for the
> potential consequences - in this case, damn near being shot.
>
> I've done a fair bit of flying over the last couple of years, and I do
> the same thing as you Colin - there's no point in trying to make a
> "statement" at the airport.  If you really wanted to make some sort of
> pro-geek statement, wear a Penguin shirt, or something from a place
> like ThinkGeek.

And why all the worry about airports?  They already did airplanes.  Why
won't they pick trains, ships (just remember what happend many years ago
in halifax from a ship), busses, etc.  Someone setting of a bomb in a
large train station would probably kill as many people as 9/11 did.  Can
you screen everyone entering a train station?  Not if you want it to
work you can't.

Until people start dealing with the reason there are people doing crazy
things then they will continue to happen.

--
Len Sorensen