Vintage Hardware

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 24 12:11:41 UTC 2007

Just when I thought the old CRT was the worst I'd have to deal with, the
archeological site known as "The Cottage" unearthed a true relic: An ancient
IBM XT complete with amber CRT!  Yup, this powerhouse boasts an Intel 8088
and not one, but TWO of the incredible 5.25" floppy drives, and the GIGANTIC
20 MiB hard drive!  I haven't tried firing it up yet and didn't end up
bringing it back to the city (have to check that my car is certified to
carry such a load), so I have no idea if it actually still works.  While it
is an item from my childhood, I simply can't keep it any longer.  Any ideas
on what to do with such a beast?

-kms

 <http://kareem.shehata.ca> Kareem Shehata
 <mailto:kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org