Key Signing Party - September 29th 2007 @ linuxcaffe

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 24 02:42:15 UTC 2007

On 9/23/07, Ryan Kavanagh <ryanakca-76NvkEy9HQZAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hey everbody!
> Just wanted to let you know that on Saturday, September 29th there will be a
> key signing party at the linuxcaffe (in Toronto ON) for all those interested.
> We currently have 4 people attending, and we're expecting/hoping for at least
> 10 people to attend.
>
> You can find all the details (time, requirements, etc) here:
> http://blog.ryanak.ca/toronto-gpg-party.html

I have added this to biglumber.com...

http://biglumber.com/x/web?sl=97

Note that biglumber.com can help organize lists of would-be signers.

The organizer can add as many keys of participants as desired to an
"event keyring," which then allows the participants to go to one spot
to get all of the participants' keys.

It also is a place that people sometimes monitor to see if their
travel coincides with a keysigning.

FYI, an alternative handling of this is for people to bring business
cards with their PGP key on it; that is not as efficient as having a
single sheet of paper with, say, 66 keys on it, but it *does*
represent an easily distributable process in that it requires no
central person to collect lists of keys.
"...  memory leaks  are  quite acceptable  in  many applications  ..."
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)