mp3 players

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 18 11:30:34 UTC 2007

Jeremy Baker wrote:
> I am currently in the market for an mp3 player for my wife.  she uses a linux
> laptop, so I need it to work with linux.  Does anyone on the list have any
> suggestions?  It looks like the ipod is already struck off the list due to
> its dependency on itunes.

This:

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/cowon/d2/

The Cowan Iaudio D2 is excellent. My boyfriend wanted to get one and did
a fair bit of research on them. I'd never heard of it before, but it
advertises supporting Linux, supports Ogg and the sound quality is
simply amazing. Canada Computers sells them (D2 = 2gb, D4 = 4gb) for
~$160. Another great feature is that it support SD Cards as well, for
more space.

Google it and you'll see some pretty impressive reviews. Oh, it also
plays video. We've watched Ghost in the Shell and Serenity on it
already. The thing is *tiny*, but it somehow works.

My opinion, but I think it rocks. I am planning to get one for myself
once I get a couple bills cleared up.

Madi