to Madison re experience with getting across the border

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 17 20:32:23 UTC 2007

James Knott wrote:
> Dave Cramer wrote:
>> Madison,
>>
>> How did you make out with your journey ?
>>

> I believe she's moved to Guantanamo Bay.  ;-)

Haha, not quite.

It ended up not working out for the teaching. The client wanted a
quarantee that I could get across the border, and that is a guarantee
that is simply impossible to make given the current powers of the border
officials. I've heard far too many stories of people with all the proper
papers being turned away "just because the border agent felt like it"
(including my Mom's ex-boyfriend who is an Indian professional).

I did go across though to visit her, and had no problems at all.

Madi