Processors looking for a good home (OT)y

Chris F.A. Johnson cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 17 19:11:08 UTC 2007

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, David Payne wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 01:09:54PM -0400, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> But choice of mail readers will not help him switch between
> top posting and not top posting.  As long as the mail reader
> allows you to do something besides top posting.

    Is there such a thing as a mail reader that will only let you top
    post? I've never seen one. Most do position the cursor at the top
    of the message, but that's the way it should be: you move the
    cursor under the section you are answering and put your reply
    there.

    It is often expressed, a little more crudely, but effectively:

       "Puting your reply at the top, because that's where the cursor
       is, is like shitting in your pants because that's where your
       arsehole is."

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson                      <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
    ========= Do not reply to the From: address; use Reply-To: ========