Dual display with built-in mobo video

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 15 15:37:47 UTC 2007

| From: Michael Kennedy <michael-FlpYSvOe4ac6W4JZGn+SJw at public.gmane.org>

| When disposing of old gear, I find the most efficient way is to post
| as ***FREE*** on toronto.craigslist.org, but if you are going to
| actually throw it out, the City of Toronto takes old computers and
| monitors at their drop-off depots.
|
| See: http://www.toronto.ca/garbage/pdf/solidwastedrop-offdepots.pdf

There are also "Community Environment Days" put on by Toronto
  http://www.toronto.ca/environment_days/index.htm
These cycle through various communities during the warm half of the
year.

I just came back from dropping stuff off at one that is closer to
Lennart's home than to mine: near 401 and Victoria Park.  It closes in
2.5 hours.  They don't check to see that you are a citizen of Toronto.

This is a guilt-free way of getting rid of a bunch of things.  For
example, they will recycle styrofoam even though the Blue Box program
does not.

It is a crying shame to see the computing equiptment that gets
discarded.  I did not rescue anything today, but I have in the past.
This is a little difficult because once the authorities get their
hands on something they will not give it up.