Spam issues

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 15 15:02:06 UTC 2007

Allen Taylor wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 04:23:30PM -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> > Channelling Xenu, Kevin Cozens's body Thetan said:

> > > Interesting. I was also wondering about this thread. I haven't noticed
> > > any SPAM here. Must be my e-mail filtering is working well.
> >
> > That's the thing, like I said, I commented Bogofilter out of my procmailrc
> > about a week ago, and I know that Teksavvy does not do any kind of spam
> > blocking. I've never seen a spam e-mail from TLUG, even when I was running
> > Bogo and would be tailing the log looking for false positives.
>
> Teksavvy puts all my incoming mail thru "IronPort" (check your
> headers).

You are correct sir! Funny, I did ask the rep at teksavvy about this when I
ordered, and I was told they do nothing with regard to either spam or traffic
shaping.

> I'm not aware of any option to change it although I suspect they could turn
> if off if I requested it.

It's tempting to ask. Of course, my paranoia regarding this issue stems from my
experience with Sympatico's anti-spam 'system', which had no problem with
actual spam, but would allow nothing through from Sourceforge.

> I get almost zero SPAM (one a week max). I also
> don't know about any false positives although occasionally I have TLUG
> threads where the original messages of a thread never appears even though the
> rest of the thread does? ?

Yes, now that you mention it, I have noticed that too. It seems to be more
often with certain people if I remember correctly, no?

--
JoeHill