Spam issues

Allen Taylor tlug-G8usDCtqe957Ar2qsurDTA at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 15 14:00:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 04:23:30PM -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> Channelling Xenu, Kevin Cozens's body Thetan said:
>
> > David Payne wrote:
> > >
> > > I get spam from this list ~ 3-4 times a week.
> >
> > Interesting. I was also wondering about this thread. I haven't noticed any
> > SPAM here. Must be my e-mail filtering is working well.
>
> That's the thing, like I said, I commented Bogofilter out of my procmailrc
> about a week ago, and I know that Teksavvy does not do any kind of spam
> blocking. I've never seen a spam e-mail from TLUG, even when I was running Bogo
> and would be tailing the log looking for false positives.

Teksavvy puts all my incoming mail thru "IronPort" (check your
headers). I'm not aware of any option to change it although I suspect
they could turn if off if I requested it. I get almost zero SPAM (one a
week max). I also don't know about any false positives although
occasionally I have TLUG threads where the original messages of a thread
never appears even though the rest of the thread does? ?

Allen