TLUG spam

asdf fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 14 19:50:17 UTC 2007

--- keith <kmastin-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-13-09 at 13:56 -0400, CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> >
> > Is there is a way to configure a list server to accept only PGP signed
> > messages? That way, even if someone spoofs the email address of a
> > subscriber, it would not do him any good unless he also has the PGP key
> > of the subscriber.
>
> That would limit the list to only parties using PGP. I dunno, but IMHO
> that might be too far a reach for some, particularily newbies.
>
> Cheers
> Keith

It would be out of reach to non-newbies as well IMHO... I tried using PGP
signed email a few years back but it was cumbersome and not everyone I know
can be bothered to configure PGP signed emails let alone understand them.

There's something to be said for the simplicity and convenience of web-based
email such as Yahoo and Gmail.

My $0.02...