Dual display with built-in mobo video

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 13 01:40:39 UTC 2007

Just a quick question that I'm sure someone on this list can answer in a
heartbeat, with a possible prize at the end.  The MoBo on my semi-new Ubuntu
box has video on-board.  Since I've added my own AGP video card for 3D
capabilities, can I use the on-board output for a second monitor?  If so,
how do I go about getting Ubuntu to find it?  lspci is showing me no love so
far.

The back story and prize: Dug up my old Dell/Trinitron 20" CRT and thought
"hey, this would be great for X-Plane and general use on my Linux desktop".
and then I plugged it in and remembered why I switched to LCD's.  I'm just
weird enough to be able to see the refresh (even at 60+ Hz).  It's also not
as bright as my Samsung SyncMaster, which I find surprising, and overall
isn't doing me very well.  So, whoever answers first gets first dibs if (and
there's still a chance I might find a use for it, but not likely) I decide
to get rid of it.

-kms