emu 1212m or f7 semitone #

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 14 12:59:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 10:55:21PM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
> Okay, I played "All My Lovin'" - should have been 2:04 -came outof the
> emu 1212m as 1:52.

Certainly running fast then.

> Yes, I guess so - I didn't even hook up the analogue audio cable to it
> the last time I opened the box.

That makes sense.  So for some reason it really sounds like anything
that should be 44.1KHz is going out at 48KHz instead which is making
everything run too quickly and sound a bit high.

You could try and play a DVD.  That should actually sound OK I would
think since it is already 48KHz based.  That would give an idea if it is
just that it plays everything at one speed or if if plays the DVD wrong
too, perhaps it is doing something completely wrong with the speed in
general.

> They'll talk to earthlings like me?

In the past my experience has been that they are very interested in
solving any issues.  You can try the alsa-users mailing list first if
you would rather, or you can ask alsa-devel if you are pretty sure you
aren't doing anything wrong and that it really must be a driver issue.

A quick google search found someone else saying their 1212m plays 48KHz
fine, but 44.1KHz plays too fast.  That was in 1.0.14rc1, so it seems it
was not fixed.  Perhaps no one ever filed a bug report about it.
Probably worth asking the developers then.

--
Len Sorensen